by Publisher CoachellaValley | November 5, 2020 2:29 pm
Two weekend storms are expected to bring snow to local mountains including up to 8 inches to our own Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and rain to the rest of Riverside County.
Caltrans advised motorists to bring chains if they plan on heading to the local mountains this weekend.
After another week of warm weather, a pair of weekend storms will bring a high chance of snow to local mountains and rain across western Riverside County, according to the National Weather Service. Some one will most likely WIN the Tram’s Snow Guessing ❄ Contest and Tram Tickets as their reward.
In the San Bernardino County Mountains, which includes Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead, and in the mountains above Riverside County, including in the Idyllwild area, a 30 percent chance of snow is forecast Friday night, increasing to 70 percent by Saturday and Sunday.
“The snow level is expected to fluctuate around 5,000 feet for the weekend,” according to the NWS. “In the mountains in San Bernardino and Riverside counties, there could be 4 to 8 inches of snow at resort levels with around one foot on the highest peaks. In San Diego County, there might be a dusting on the highest peaks.”
The snow is not expected to stick for long. Daytime temperatures in the mountains are forecast in the mid-30s, with overnight temperatures in the low 30s.
In much of western Riverside County, which stretches from Temecula northward to the Banning area and Cherry Valley, rain is on tap starting Friday night and through the weekend. Saturday and Sunday, the chance of rain increases to 70 percent, according to the NWS. Daytime highs will reach the mid-50s, with overnight lows in the 40s.
Even the Coachella Valley is expected to see some wet, cool weather this weekend. According to the NWS, the chance of rain in the area will reach 40 percent Saturday and Sunday, with daytime temperatures hovering in the mid-60s with overnight lows in the high 40s.
Source URL: https://coachellavalley.com/snow-expected-in-idyllwild-big-bear-lake-arrowhead-rain-in-the-coachella-valley-this-weekend/
Copyright ©2023 Coachella Valley unless otherwise noted.