by Publisher CoachellaValley | September 9, 2020 6:06 am
Children will not be permitted to go door-to-door in Los Angeles County this #Halloween2020 because of #COVID-19 protocols put in place by county health officials.
No door-to-door trick-or-treating. Officials say “it can be very difficult to maintain proper social distancing on porches and at front doors.”
No “trunk or treating” either. Children will similarly not be allowed to collect treats going car-to-car as an alternative to door-to-door.
No parties. The county says gatherings with non-household members are not allowed, not even outdoors.
No carnivals, festivals, live entertainment or haunted houses.
It was not immediately clear what penalties might be imposed for violations of the Halloween restrictions.
• Online parties/contests (e.g. costume or pumpkin carving)
• Car parades that comply with public health guidance for vehicle based parades including:
a. Drive by events or contests where individuals dress up or decorate their vehicles and drive by “judges” that are appropriately physically distanced.
b. Drive through events where individuals remain in their vehichles and drive through an area with Halloween displays.
c. Drive in events where individuals can receive a treat bag (limited to commercially packaged non-perishable treats) or take away item from an organizer while the participants remain in their vehicle.
• Halloween movie nights at drive in theaters (must comply with the public health drive in movie theater guidance).
• Halloween themed meals at outdoor restaurants (must comply with the restaurant protocol).
• Halloween themed art installations at an outdoor museum (must comply with the public health museum guidance.)
• Dressing up homes and yards with Halloween themed decorations.
Source URL: https://coachellavalley.com/la-county-cancels-halloween-trick-or-treating-not-allowed/
Copyright ©2023 Coachella Valley unless otherwise noted.