25th anniversary Jazz in the Pines survives Cranston Fire, let the “Music” play on……….
by Coachella Valley | August 8, 2018 10:22 pm
Jazz in the Pines will go on as scheduled! Let the music play on!!! Idyllwild Arts was temporarily evacuated due to the Cranston Fire that started on July 25, but the fire has been contained and the campus is unharmed. We are extremely grateful to the first responders!
25th anniversary Jazz in the Pines plays this August 10th, 11th and 12th, and features over two dozen bands.
Performers and fans of jazz, blues, and R&B will enjoy this breathtaking mountain campus to themselves after the departure of thousands of art lovers who just attended the Idyllwild Arts Summer Program.
25th Annual Jazz in the Pines plays on!!!
Very Special Friday Night Patrons VIP Dinner
The 25th annual Jazz in the Pines raises funds for the students and programs of Idyllwild Arts Academy and the Idyllwild Arts Summer Program. One of the most exciting parts of Jazz in the Pines is the exclusive Patrons Dinner on the Idyllwild Arts campus. This year’s theme, “Riverside French Quarter,” includes traditional New Orleans music and cuisine. Starting at 7 pm,Friday, guests will enjoy a Bourbon Street-inspired bar and savor mouthwatering New Orleans-style food reminiscent of the city’s celebrated Café du Monde coffee stand.
Central to the Patrons Dinner is the silent auction that features a dazzling and varied array of items, including artwork from IAA alums like Shepard Fairey, stunning pieces from top local artists, a range of exciting getaway packages, elegant jewelry, and much more.
Guests can attend this dinner by purchasing the VIP All-Access Package (which also includes exclusive access to new VIP lounge, a pre-show reception and preferred seating at the Seahawk MOJO Concert on Saturday evening, preferred parking, preferred seating in the Amphitheatre Main Stage, and Saturday and Sunday admission) or the Patron Package (which also includes a pre-show reception and preferred seating at the Seahawk MOJO Concert on Saturday evening, preferred parking, preferred seating in the Amphitheatre Main Stage, and Saturday and Sunday admission).
Packages are available at eventbrite.com
Jazz in the Pines, Idyllwild, CA
PARKING & TRANSPORT
Driving to the festival can take an hour from the base of the hill, so plan accordingly! With doors opening at 10 am and the show starting at 10:30, you’ll want to give yourself time to park and settle in.
Drive defensively around town, since not every other driver will be cautious. Make sure you a have a legal, designated driver if you plan to consume alcohol on the festival grounds.
Note: There is no parking on the Idyllwild Arts Campus, so note the pick-up points on the map for transportation to and from the main gate.
FOOD & DRINK
Bringing your own food is not an option, but there will be plenty of food and beverage choices inside the festival. Check out the Marketplace map and plan ahead!
If you buy alcohol on the festival grounds, please drink moderately for all the obvious reasons—including the weather, which may be warm and therefore make the dehydration caused by alcohol even worse. There will be plenty of stands selling water, so drinking the recommended one or two quarts per day should be easy.
• Cash and/or Credit Card
• Cell Phone (and somewhere safe to keep it!)
• A blanket or a chair with a back no higher than 32 inches
• Extra layers for warming up and cooling down
• Comfortable, sturdy shoes for the uneven ground of our forest paths
• Rain poncho
Food and beverages are available for purchase. State regulations do not permit glass or any outside alcoholic beverages on the festival grounds. Sealed water bottles are allowed. Alcohol brought into the festival will be confiscated. All bags will be searched at the front gate upon entry.
• Glass bottles
• Outside food
• Outside Alcohol
Note Due to the final cleanup for the Cranston fire, Motorists should expect up to 45 minute delays due to sign and guardrail replacement on Highway 74 from Palm Desert. Highway 243 from Banning is clear.
To check current highway conditions, please go to https://www.dot.ca.gov/ or Twitter @Caltrans8 .and from Hemet.
- [Image]: https://coachellavalley.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/music-mainpage.jpg
- eventbrite.com: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/25th-annual-jazz-in-the-pines-tickets-44417831931
- [Image]: https://coachellavalley.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/FP_JazzPines.jpg
- ABOUT: https://www.jazzinthepines.com/festival-guide/#about
- LINE-UP: https://www.jazzinthepines.com/#lineup
- TICKETS: https://www.jazzinthepines.com/#tickets
- GALLERY: https://jazzinthepines.com/#gallery
- LOCATION: https://www.jazzinthepines.com/#location
- SPONSORS: https://jazzinthepines.com/#sponsors
- FESTIVAL GUIDE: https://www.jazzinthepines.com/festival-guide/
- VENDORS: https://www.jazzinthepines.com/vendors/
- CAMPING INFO: https://www.jazzinthepines.com/camping-info/
- LODGING: https://www.idylodging.com/
- VOLUNTEER: https://www.jazzinthepines.com/volunteer/
- https://www.dot.ca.gov/: https://www.dot.ca.gov/
- @Caltrans8: https://twitter.com/Caltrans8
- : https://www.instagram.com/CoachellaValley
Source URL: https://coachellavalley.com/25th-anniversary-jazz-pines-survives-cranston-fire-let-music-play/
Copyright ©2022 Coachella Valley unless otherwise noted.