How to Survive Summer in the Coachella Valley
We don’t know where you live, but here in the Coachella Valley....it get's pretty HOT in the Summer!cover photo by Channing Benjamin There’s basically no escaping the direct sunlight, the humidity, the sweating, the dehydration, and the sluggishness. So what do you do when you just can’t beat the heat? You find air conditioning, and you stay there. Basically, when the heat hits, you just can’t win. Once the temperature skyrockets past 100 degrees and the humidity levels are almost matching, everybody loses. The only way to make it through a Coachella Valley summer is to have a sense of humor and be able to laugh it off.
How to Survive a Coachella Valley Summer:
1. Switch to iced coffeeWe know you need caffeine to make it through your day. Think about drinking iced coffee. Don’t walk around with a hot latte in your hand, because you’ll look stupid and you’ll feel worse than you already do. But if Iced Coffee just isn't your thing.... (unless it's a Frappucino or Iced Mocha which is basically pure sugar) do what we do.....crank the air conditioning down!
2. Have fun anyway (just drink plenty of water)Go to some pool parties, have a pool party, play video games, head up the Tramway where the weather is about 30 degrees cooler. Our kids laid out a giant sheet of plastic, poured coconut oil all over it and themselves, turned on the hose and viola!....A Slip-n-slide...Hours of summer fun! Get out and do something!
3. Bake Cookies in your CAR!Show your kids how cool you are and how living in the Coachella Valley in the summer does have some perks. I mean, how many people can bake cookies in there car?
4. Learn to LOVE the NightYes...become a vampire of sort. Coachella Valley's Summer Sun is Brutal.....BUT...Our evenings are perfect! Night swims, evening walks, trips to your favorite yogurt shop (ours is Beach House Yogurt which even has cool treats for your furry family members). Embrace the Night!
5. Go to the MoviesDid you know that Century Theater at the River has a Summer Movie Clubhouse! See 10 movies for only $5 when bundle is purchased in advance or go when you want and each movie is only $1!! YES...$1 per person! Visit Summer Movies Rancho Mirage to see what movies will be playing at the River in Rancho Mirage OR go to http://www.cinemark.com/summer-movie-clubhouse to find a participating theatre near you!
6. Night Swim - Some Public Pools are open lateNot everyone is fortunate enough to have a swimming pool but don't worry because the Coachella Valley has a few public pools to help keep you and your family cool this summer. Summer Operational Hours May - August
Mondays: 5:30am - 9:00pm Tuesdays: 5:30am - 9:00pm Wednesdays: 5:30am - 9:00pm Thursdays: 5:30am - 9:00pm Fridays: 5:30am - 9:00pm Saturdays: 7:00am - 9:00pm Sundays: 8:00am - 9:00pmLa Quinta - Fritz Burns Pool Indio - Pawley Pool
7. Night Golf in IndioYes, standing tall across the nearly 50 acres are light towers which illuminate the 18 holes from dusk until the grounds close at 10 nightly. http://coachellavalley.com/night-golf/
Ghost Busters is celebrating 30 years! We just learned that Ghost Busters is celebrating it’s 30th Anniversary! The first words
Check out a few of our Photographer’s Photo GalleriesShare With Your Friends!